Wednesday 20 April 2011

Two in the Loo

I spent a large part of tonight on the bog, due to a dodgy fish curry I had eaten the night before. But even diarrhoea doesn't put me off my quest to find interesting German beer. A Störtebeker Pils and Pinkus Weissbier should be just the tonic...


The Störtebeker kept up their good form, with a late bitterness that is unusual in bland Bavarian Pils. A very flavourful example and it's a crying shame I can't buy these in any shops here. Apart from their disasterous porter Störtebeker really are a fine bunch of geezers.
The Pinkus Weissbier was a bit of a let down though. I don't know if I had a dodgy example, the top seemed to come off slightly too easily, but there was practically no head, and none of the flavours you associate with Weissbiers. I'll stick to their Altbier in future which is far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment